The World Famous
The Random Stuff Page
Random Chicken Stuff
Old "Late Breaking Chicken Net News!"
- Ted DeCroff KB6PTA (a.k.a. "Old Harper Valley PTA") passed away on
11/08/05. Ted was eighty years young, and suffered a heart attack
during surgery. He was quite a man who touched us all with his lovely
organ and great sense of humor, and will be missed by all. Click here
to see a fun and in character picture of Ted from last year. There
will be a gathering of the flock in his honor at high noon on Saturday,
November 19, 2005 at Mary's Pizza Shack at Piner and Marlow in Santa
- Steven Elliott KE6SCO of Penngrove has become a silent key. He was 63.
- Michael KE6QHH passed away in Kanab, Utah on Monday, March 8, 2004.
Michael, who was known for being a friendly voice on the repeater
before his move to Utah, was also a remarkably talented photographer.
- Don KE6QHP, has become a Silent Key.
Our beloved Don passed away on Tuesday, May 6.
Don, you done good, the world will miss you.
- We're back! Yes, we are back online thanks to the
good graces of the folks at Sonic.net! More later...
- It is with heavy heart that your webmaster has had to
"despammify" the e-mail addresses in the Chicken Net roster.
The spambots have found the roster, and those good chickens
with e-mail addresses have received spam as a result.
In order to make use of the e-mail addresses, please excise
the text, "isachicken" from the user's e-mail address.
- Clarence W6IZR became a silent key on Sunday, August 5, 2001.
to read an article written by Laurel KC6FKX about this good man.
- Mikey KA6AQS is no longer with us. On June 18, 2001, he passed
away when he was thrown from his truck in an accident. We will
miss you and your wry humor, Mikey. Buckle up, folks.
- Anne Gayet, loveable companion of our own Ted KB6PTA, needs our
words of moral support and encouragement. Please write to her
care of: Good Samaritan Board and Care Home, 506 Labrador Way,
Suisun City, CA, 95485.
- The Chicken Net News is now online!!! Click
to see the nice work of Ed AG7D (formerly KF6AYG) and XYL Katrina.
- Peggy KE6TIS is the Southern Humboldt Amateur
Radio Club's "Ham of the Month!" Click
to check it out!
- If you had thought that the ARRL had forgotten about us, click
- The World Famous Chicken Net web page has won the
coveted "Best Ham" Award! Our premiere Webmaster,
John KD6GCM, received a well-deserved
Official Award Letter. As the misty-eyed John
accepted the award on behalf of the Chicken Net, he was
quoted as saying: "One small step for ham, One giant
leap for hamkind".
Chicken Business Links
Useful Information Sources on the Web
Other Interesting Amateur Sites
- Visit the CAVE.
Its leader, worshiped by many, is presently living in Vermont.
- Meet the North Hills Radio Club
in Sacramento, the "other" 5.19 machine (K6IS) we hear from time to
- The SCRA
have put up a pretty nice Web Page. KD6GCM says "check it out."
- The SMRS
has done a nice piece of work as well.
- The HARC
folks up in Humboldt don't want us to forget about them.
- And the good folks at SHARC
have adopted Peggy KE6TIS as one of their own.
- Sandra Good has finally been released from prison.
Check out her Charles Manson page.
This web page will always be UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
Send fan mail to our webmaster, Mark KM6XU:
Send postal mail to our Senior News Editor
Our USPS mailing address:
The Chicken Net
P.O. Box 704
Forestville, CA 95436
Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004,
The World Famous Chicken Net. All rights reserved.
Last update: 02-August-2004.